Bradley attorney Geoffrey Greeves will present “Catastrophe Claims: Insurance Coverage for Natural and Man-Made Disasters” as part of Strafford Live CLE Webinars.
The panel will discuss the evolving trends and key coverage issues triggered by natural and man-made disasters, which produce claims under nearly every type of insurance in the marketplace. The program will explore the types of property and liability insurance involved and offer practical guidance on claim investigation, policy interpretation, and advocating for or against the major exclusions involved in catastrophe claims.
Geoffrey will be joined by Huhnsik Chung, Partner at Stroock & Lavan, John N. Ellison, Partner at Reed Smith, and James E. Fitzgerald, Partner at Drinker Biddle & Reath.
When: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 1:00PM – 2:30PM EST
What: The webinar will review these and other relevant issues:
- What are the most critical issues and practical considerations when addressing catastrophic claims?
- What are the essential coverage issues in catastrophic claims?
- What are best practices for determining the cause of loss, value of the loss, and interpreting the terms of the policy?
- What legal effects have more frequent and more catastrophic disasters had on insurance coverage?
- How do courts treat exclusions, concurrent causation, and anti-concurrent causation policy provisions?
- How does the language of typical commercial property and liability policies impact coverage for losses from natural and man-made disasters?
- How to minimize the potential for claims of bad faith in handling catastrophe claims
For more information, visit the event website and register today.
We look forward to seeing you there!